Friday, December 9, 2011

It's my day!

Today I am 35 years old! 

I am not scared to grow old, with the exception of looming death, I am quite excited to grow up and grow old!  I don't feel any older today than I did a month ago, or even a year ago.  The only physical trait that proves I am getting older is the fact that I have a handful of grey hairs - actually the are stark white...I call them my "Vitiligo hairs".  I am not afraid of my hair turning grey/white, I am going to embrace it and not an ounce of hair dye will hit this head! 

Today for my birthday I have asked Greg that we do nothing.  I don't want a party, don't want a cake, don't want to go out for supper.  I simply want to watch a movie and eat some chips tonight!  Those who are close to me and know me best may be shocked by those facts!  Five years ago, for my 30th birthday, I threw myself a grand party!  My mom made me the best ever birthday cake - an Aerosmith cake!!!  I had all my friends and family there and I loved it!  Five years later, I have one more kid and a job and quite frankly, I am tired!! 

I am having a lovely day so far, thankful for all the wonderful birthday wishes from family and friends.  There is nothing like a birthday to make a person feel loved!

For anyone in my life who might think that what I said before about being tired and not wanting to do anything will continue in the future...just a heads up that if five years when I turn 40 I want a HUGE party!!!!!!!!!!!!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment