Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Favourite day of the year :)

It was only two short months ago that I said I was so happy to be packing the last school lunch of the year...well, now I am so happy that I got to pack the first school lunch of the year today!!!  Yes, it is that time of year again, the time when the leaves start changing colour, the days are getting a little cooler, the time when you have to put a sweater on to go outside, the time when I no longer have whiny children all day long (well, except those who are still too young to go to school yet)...yes, it's back to school!!

Mark is off to grade 2 - Mrs. McCullough is his teacher and he has never been so happy!  Grace is in grade 1- Ms. Birch is her teacher and she too is soooooo very happy about this!  I watched them get on the bus this morning, camera in hand and not a tear in my eye this year!  I sometimes feel a little bit bad with the fact that I don't have any sadness about them going off to school, but then I remember why - they drove me CRAZY all summer long!!  I love my kids, don't get me wrong, however two months of them being together 24 hours a day is enough! 

This was the first year since 1998 that I didn't have to send Natalie off to school - she is going to work today instead.  It felt a little odd not taking a picture of her this morning, but I am sure she was thrilled with this fact!

Next week I will take Will to playschool for the first time - I get teared up just thinking about this one...that will be a hard day for me. 

I can't wait until after school when the big yellow bus pulls up and the kids bring me all the notes and permission slips that come with the first day of school.  I love this day!!

SJ
Mark - first day of Grade 2

Grace - first day of Grade 1



Off to school they go!



No comments:

Post a Comment