Thursday, November 17, 2011

What goes around comes around!

Here is a little multiple choice quiz for you:

After reading this, my mother will:

A) Laugh her ass off

B) Say "I told you so"

C) Both A & B

My answer is "C"


It's official!  I am my mother!  Today we have a lovely winter storm brewing and my daugther (who is 18, and by all rights and freedoms can do whatever the heck she wants) wanted to go to her friends house this morning.  I told her she could go, but to be careful because the storm was coming.  At about 1:00 p.m. she returned, with her friend in tow and a Future Shop bag in her hand!  Now, if you don't know about the wee little town that I live in (that has only one grocery store), I can tell you this: we DON'T have a Future Shop!!  I lost my mind (this is where I become my mother) because the nearest Future Shop is located 35 minutes down the Trans Canada Highway!!!  If you could have seen my reaction you would know that I was not pleased at all and you know what she said to me??

1) "You don't have to freak out"

2) "I brought you a sausage McMuffin!" 

Number one - I will freak out because if is my God given right as your mother to freak out if I know that you are driving any kind of vehicle, but especially a 1984 Pontiac, down a major highway in the middle of a major winter storm!!!!

Number two - Don't you know I just jumped back on the Weight Watchers wagon and I am NOT going to be tempted by a cold sausage McMuffin (though if it were hot and fresh I would probably fall right off that wagon for a few minutes)!!

I couldn't believe the foolishness of that girl of mine and I couldn't believe that I sounded so much like my mother!!

My mom has said many, many, many, many, many, many, many, etc., times not to go out in "that weather" and just as many times we have said to her: "don't worry", "don't freak out", etc.  I guess what goes around comes around!

SJ

1 comment: