Friday, March 25, 2011

Eating chocolate and still melting!!

Remember the famous line from The Wizard of Oz - "I'm melting" (you have to say it in the slow, drawn out way the Wicked Witch of the West does), anyway that is my new mantra...I'm melting!!  Hooray for me - 7 pounds down!  I know a little while ago I said I would never pay anyone to help me lose weight, but guess what...I lied!!  I joined Weight Watchers again - because I know it works - and look at me go!  I have never been so happy to see the three numbers that showed up on my scale today...though I remember the last time I saw those same three numbers and it almost made me cry...today it made me jump for joy (picture that, me, buck naked, flapping boobs, flapping stomach, flapping thighs, flapping all over the bathroom knowing that I am on my way to having non-flapping body parts)!! 

I am amazed at how many "points" the food I was eating is worth...and I am not talking about the junk food, just the regular food that I was always eating; my homemade banana choclate chip muffins are worth 6 points EACH!!!  Who would have ever thought that a homemade muffin could be that expensive in the world of points?  My iced tea, which I was completely and totally addicted to, had a pretty hefty price tag to it as well, so I went cold turkey and started drinking only water (with the odd diet rootbeer thrown in when a major craving occurs).  I have tried my darndest to change my eating habits - though you will not see me eating salmon or asparagus anytime soon - but I have adopted a new way of eating and realizing just what is worth putting in my mouth.  

Let me tell you about my most recent love...addiction...treat....favourite thing....DARK CHOCOLATE!  All I can say is YUM!  My mom was the one who got me here, even though she probably has no idea about this fact.  This past Christmas, she gave me a bag full of little individual chocolates - dark chocolates - which I was not really sure about since I had never tried it before and had always heard it was quite bitter.  I stuck it up in the cupboard and one day I took one out to try.  I still wasn't too sure about this new treat I had stashed away, but I tried a second one, then a third one, well the rest is history now!  The thing that I really love about dark chocolate is that it is so satisfying...just a few little squares and you have had your fix for the day!  I am in love with "Nestle Noir" bars, but the best chocolate I have ever tasted was in Fernie, B.C. in a little shop called The Beanpod, a chocolate shop where the couple who own/run it make the chocolate right there in front of you, they make trips to Ecuador to bring the cocoa beans back themselves and the she is one of only 85 certified chocolatiers in the world, so as you can only imagine it was incredible chocolate!

 ***If you are planning a trip to Fernie now, just to try the chocolate, be sure to stop in at the store called "Board Stiff"...tell the owner his sister-in-law sent you!***

I have been riding my bike in my living room too...I try to get on it everyday...and I have big plans to pump up the tires of my real bike and ride, ride, ride all summer long!  I am so determined to lose these 40 pounds and every time I step on that scale and see the numbers going down, it just motivates me that much more!  My hope is to have lost at least 15 pounds by the time we take our trip to San Francisco at the end of April.  I just want to get back into the jeans I bought at the Gap in Las Vegas just a little over a year ago now; if I can fit back into those next month, I will be the happiest person on this planet!! 

You know what the greatest thing about planning a trip to San Francisco?  That is where they make Ghirardelli Chocolate!!!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment