Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Today, March 26, 2011 is one of my favourite days of the year!  Steven Tyler, lead singer for the band Aerosmith (as if I needed to add that bit though), turns 63 years old today!  I have been in love with him and the rest of the band for almost 23 years now!!! 

It was the summer of 1988, we lived on Oak Drive in Wetaskiwin and my step-sister, Kristina, owned a big gehto blaster and a pink bedspread.  She was out on the front lawn - with her gehto blaster and pink bedspread - and she changed my life forever that day; she gave me a tape, the name of it: "Permanent Vacation", by Aerosmith.  The big hits on that tape included "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)", "Rag Doll" and "Walk This Way", that album brought them back to the top of the music world after falling off due to drugs and drinking.  They were going strong and still haven't stopped!

After seeing Steven and the rest of the band 6 times in concert and many, many, many times on t.v. and video, I get to watch him twice a week as a judge on American Idol, where the rest of the world gets to find out just what made me fall in love so many years ago!

Happy Birthday Steven!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment