Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The End of a Road in Life...

Today I did the one thing that I have been looking forward to for months now...packed the very last school lunch of the year!!  Hip Hip Hooray! 

Today is the last day of school in Vermilion, the very last ever for my oldest child, as she is going to walk across the stage to recieve her Grade Twelve Diploma in two short days from now!  I am not sure if I should be crying every time I think of it or not, but I can't help it - it has been a long and sometimes difficult road for her and I am so very proud of the fact that she has finished school!  I will never forget the day I dropped her off for her first day of Kindergarten in 1998 at Centennial School in Wetaskiwin.  She was in Mrs. Fontane's class and I can still see her in her little dress, clinging to me, in my McDonald's uniform!  She cried and cried and cried, begging me not to leave her there that day.  I left eventually, my heart breaking into tiny pieces, but I knew she would be okay.  That day was so long ago, yet it seems like just a short time, and now I am the one crying!  I am not sure what the future holds for Natalie - not sure if she will go to College, University or the School of Hard Knocks - but whatever she does I know she will do it with passion and love.  She will always have two parents, and a whole lot of grandparents who love her and will support her in her life. 

***pause as I wipe the tears from my eyes***

Natalie, if you read this (which I know you will, because you love to "creep" my blog), just know that we are so proud of you!!


Two weeks ago we celebrated another graduation - Grace graduated from Kindergarten!  It's funny that I remember Natalie's first day of Kindergarten so clearly, because to be quite honest, I don't really remember Grace's first day at all!!  Must be the fact that she is the third kid!  At this rate I will be lucky if I even remember to send Will to Kindergarten!!  Grace had an angel of a teacher, Mrs. Hienrich, and she has grown and learned so much during her time in Kindergarten.  She loves school and can't wait to be in grade one - though I think full-time school might throw her for a bit of a loop!!

Mark is going to be grade 2 in September!  He doesn't have the passion for learning like Grace does, but he is a very good student and knows even at this early age that he will have to go to school for a very, very long time as he wants to be an "Arctuctet" (Architect) when he grows up (which sure beats what he wanted to be just a year ago - a "Stay Homer"!!).  Mark is a very natural learner and a leader in life and I know he will do very well as he moves through the grades.

Will is meant to be my baby forever and like I said before, he will be lucky if I even remember to send him to Kindergarten!  Of course I know the day will come when I have to put him on that big yellow bus alongside his brother and sister and I know that I will bawl my eyes out the moment the bus pulls away...oh, I am such as suck!!  Will is registered for playschool in September - two mornings a week - and most days he likes the idea of going, but sometimes he just says he wants to stay home with me.  He will spend two years in playschool, so if he doesn't really like it this first year I won't have any problems pulling him out and just letting him be home with me full-time again. 

In two short months we will be shopping for school supplies, backpacks and running shoes.  In two short months I will make the first school lunch of the new year.  In two short months I will kiss my baby good-bye as I leave the playschool room.  In two short months we will start all over again.

Maybe I should just home-school my kids...

***pause as I wipe away the tears - this time tears of laughter at the thought of me ever home-schooling my kids!!!***

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment