Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Keeping up with the Joneses

Last night, Greg walked into the house with a brand new cell phone for me - an iPhone.  I was excited and anxious all at the same time.  What in the world do I know about a phone like that?  I can't even get music onto my little iPod without my teenagers help!  Of course the very first thing I wanted to do was to download some new ringtones - Aerosmith of course - but you think I can figure out how?  Every once in while my finger taps the right spot on the screen and the ringtone thing shows up, but heaven forbid my finger taps something else and I am so far off of where I was that I need the map app to find my way back!  I downloaded three songs last night where it said ringtones, paid $1.29 for each one and thought I was on my way to being a real computer geek...until I tried to make my phone ring Aerosmith.  I guess I did buy those three songs, but all I can do with them now is play them, I still have the silly ringtones that come with the phone.  Greg hasn't been much help to me with this whole situation, he has been busy buying (free) apps such as "Fart for Free" and "iFace Fat"...lovely!!  I downloaded a "Fashion" app for Grace thinking it was one where she could dress up a doll or something, but instead I guess she needs to know how to run her own business...oops!  I hooked the phone up to my computer today in the hopes that I could follow the directions I found on Google to getting some good ringtones and I ended up with 495 songs that my 17 year old daughter has on iTunes...I know about 67 of those songs!  Not only did I get all that wonderful new music to listen to, but I also got all the apps she had on her iPod, such as: "Sephora", "Make Up Tips",. "Tweet Deck" and my favourite "Mixology"...what in the world??  That is the one where you learn how to mix drinks like a bartender!!  Here is the problem...I don't know how in the world to get rid of an app once you have it.  You would think that Apple could spring for some instruction manual with all the money they must be making off of these fancy shmancy things they produce!!  There is a simple picture book of what my new iPhone can do, but no mention of how to make it do those things.  I need my nephew, Hudson, with me to walk me through all the in's and out's of this new world I have entered (if you don't know, my nephew is only 4 and really, really good at working iPods and phones). 

I am not sure if I am tech savvy enough to have this kind of phone, but if nothing else, I will look like the rest of the population now with my head down and my nose in an iPhone/iPad/iPod!!

SJ

2 comments:

  1. To get rid of the app, just hold your finger on it till it shakes - then hit the little x that appears. then hit the screen to turn off all the shaking ... I am assuming it works the same as the ipad???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! Natalie told me the same thing.

    ReplyDelete