Monday, September 26, 2011

My grandma and your grandma

My grandma and your grandma
Were sittin' by the fire.
My grandma told your grandma
"I'm gonna set your flag on fire"

[Chorus:]
Hey now! Hey now!
Iko, Iko, unday
Jockamo feeno ai nan?
Jockamo fee nan?


I have had this song in my head today because I have been thinking about grandma's and being a grandma (don't worry, I am not going to be a grandma right now!!) and what grandma's do.  When I think about grandma's I think about cinnamon buns...not sure why, it just seems like a grandmotherly thing to do!  I can't sew, can't knit, can't bake bread (well, I guess I can make sweet breads now!), can't crochet, can't keep my house clean worth a darn...just can't seem to do those grandma things!  I am a little worried that one day when I am a grandma I will not be able to offer my grandkids these wonderful memories and keepsakes like my own grandmothers did...so I decided to start making cinnamon buns!  Today Will and I put on our aprons and pulled out the Purity cookbook and made cinnamon buns!  I told Will that this will be our special thing to do (I guess it's a motherly thing to do too) each week - and I better start giving away some of these sweet treats or my weight loss dreams will be once again be put on hold!  I figure if I start learning how to make these buns now, by the time I am a grandma, I will have them perfected! 

Maybe I will take on knitting next!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment