Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank you...

It only seems fitting to talk about what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend.  Here is what I am thankful for (in no particular order):

  • my family
  • my husband
  • my children
  • my house (the fact that we have one)
  • my friends
  • Aerosmith
  • food
  • my flabby body
  • my kids school (and teachers)
I am sure I am missing some things to be thankful for (pretty much everything in my life), but I will tell you about the above list.

for some reason I have the next part highlighted...don't know why and don't know how to get rid of it, sorry!

FAMILY...




I got a big one! I am not sure that anyone of my parents or grandparents set out to give me such a large family, but here it is and I love it! I have two sisters, four (half) brothers and three step-sisters; 22 Webb (first) cousins, 14 Duguid (first) cousins (I think my arithmetic is correct on those), don't ask me how many second or third cousins I have! I have a mom, dad, step-mom, step-dad, mom-in-law, dad-in-law; I have two grandmas & one grandpa who I still get to visit with; I have four of the world's most amazing children (of course I am a little biased); I have two other entire families from my step-parents who have made me feel nothing less than part of their families; I have two entire families from my in-laws as well! (Are you still with me?)...plus everywhere I turn in my little town, I am related to someone!! Life is good when you have family around...my life is great because of it!

HUSBAND...
 You couldn't find two people who were more opposite than Greg & me!  We have worked out pretty good though!  I bring the loose, liberal, free-spirit parts to our marriage and he brings the structured, conservative, A-type personality to it!  We are like peanut butter and jelly, the two of us!  He loves me for who I am, what I look like and even for how much of his hard earned money I spend!!  He's a keeper!

CHILDREN...

What more can I say about my children than they are the most wonderul things that ever happened to me!?!?!  I have had children under my roof and in my arms since I was 16 years old and I can't imagine a life any different than that!  There has never been a job I wanted to do more than being a mother!  I will run through what I am most thankful about each one of my children...

Natalie: I am so thankful that even though she is turning 18 in two short weeks, she has not really given us too much grief as parents!  She may have a messy room and a forgetful mind, but we sure got lucky in the teenager stage of her life!  She has been a great kid and I know she will be a great adult!

Mark:  I am so thankful that Mark is a smart, artistic, sentsitive kid!  He loves his momma more than anything and even though he doesn't really like me to give him kisses, he still lets me!  He is almost 8 years old and I am so excited to watch him grow into the wonderful young man I know he will be!

Grace:  I am thankful that even though I call her a "diva", she really isn't one!  Grace is a 6 year old girl with very independent personality!  I know that she will grow up to be someones boss and I am sure that after she gives us a run for our money as a teenager, I will have no problem cutting those apron strings!  She will have no problem leaving the nest either!!

Will:  I am thankful that he LOVES being my baby!  I am sooooooo thankful that this little boy of mine is so perfectly perfect after all the issues he went through as a baby (you will read all about these issues on November 30, when I blog about his birthday).  I am so thankful for the funny things that come out of his mouth.  I am so thankful for the idea that he will never want to leave the nest...but I am sure if you ask me in twenty years I will be ready to push him right out of the tree...but for right now, as a three year old boy, I am so thankful!


HOUSE:  We live in a big, warm, not-even-close-to-being-paid-for house and I am so thankful for that!


FRIENDS:  I have the world's greatest friends!  You know who you are, and I thank you for being my friend! 

AEROSMITH:  Thank you Steven, Joe, Tom, Brad & Joey for coming together long before I was even born and creating America's greatest rock and roll band (and if you are laughing at me right now for typing that, just Google it...it's right there in black & white!); Thank you for making me the crazy fan who knows every little detail of your life; Thank you for my first born sons middle name (Tyler); Thank you for making my 30th birthday the best a girl could ever have; Thank you Joey for the drum sticks that now hang in my craft Aerosmith room that you passed to me and Amy at the very first concert I was ever at; Thank you Steven for doing American Idol so that the whole wide world can see why I have been so crazy for you for the past 23 years!!

I will take this moment to say sorry if any of my friends are offended that Aerosmith got a much longer blurb than they did...you know I love you too!!

FOOD: do I really need to elaborate?

FLABBY BODY:  I am thankful for this flabby body of mine because I means I have lots of food to eat! 

KIDS SCHOOL:  My kids (the two who are in school) attend Vermilion Elementery School (V.E.S.) and that is the school that I attended from grade 1 - 3 when I lived here.  It is a great school with wonderful teachers - one who just happens to fall into that "Duguid first cousin" category I mentioned earlier!  My kids teacher this year are Sandy Birch and Rebecca McCullough.  Ms. Birch is Grace's teacher (and was Mark's last year) and I don't think I could ask for a better grade one teacher!  She teaches the way that I think - no extra pressure on these little people...I love it!  Mrs. McCullough is the teacher who Mark wanted and got this year!  She is a lovely woman who is very artistic and that is exactly what Mark needs!  He came home from school with 4 thanksgiving crafts!!  She is right up his alley!  Mrs. Bonnie Bauer is the music teacher at V.E.S. and she has been teaching music there since i was in school there!!  She might just be the most wonderful human being on earth!  She is lovely, kind, sweet, wonderful!  I can't go on about the entire staff, so I will just say that my kids are so lucky to have such a wonderul school to call their own!

So many things in my life and this world that I am thankful for...those are just a few!

Happy Thanksgiving!

SJ

P.S. Thank you for reading my blog!  I am thankful to know that people actually like what I have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Sara. I wish I knew you better, because what comes through in your blogs is just a delightful and wonderful person and I can relate to all your gratitude and thankfulnessesssssss.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete