Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to sleep I go......

It is just a little after 7:00 a.m. and I am sitting in my bed right now listening to Max & Ruby coming from the living room, and before that was Beyblades (spelling??) and before that, I don't really know because all I really want to do is be asleep...but my boys have been up since 5:45 a.m. and this new routine of theirs is getting very old, very fast!  They - my boys - are going to the Monster Jam today with Greg and all I have to say is that it is a very good thing they have to drive two hours to get there because they will need that time for naps!  I think I too will be in need of a nap by the time they leave. 

Last night I spent a great evening with my friends at our monthly gathering where we each throw in $20 and someone wins the money...anyway, we sat around Deanna's kitchen table talking and eating and then Amy pulled out some "conversation starter" games, and did the converstations ever start then!  The first cards that she pulled where things like "which of your children would you like to take care of you when you are old" - Grace; "would you rather have a sharp mind or fit body" - fit body (I don't mean that as if I want to be a body builder or something, it's just that I have seen too many people in nursing homes who still have their wits about them but their bodies are failing them badly, and I don't want to be that person...I want to be the woman who can walk, skip and run but has no bloody clue what's going on around her!).  Then the one that got us all worked up - "should prostitution be legal" - well, I am not going to get into it again, but let me tell you, we spent a lot of time on that one topic and we were really split down the middle in our opinions about it!  (Just in case you are wondering, I am very opposed to the idea).
~
~
~
Took a little break from typing there to get my boys off and running!  I thought they would leave around 11:00 or so, but no, Greg jumped in the shower and said to have them ready for for 8:30, so I jumped out of bed and fed, dressed and packed up two little boys for their big adventure!  Will was so cute getting ready, he was so sure he would need to take his headphones from his Leapster so he could "hear the Monster Jam", when really we meant he would be getting some headphones there so he could "hear after the Monster Jam"!! 

It is now 8:50 a.m. and I am once again sitting in my bed typing away...in complete silence!!  I love silence.  The only child in my house is Natalie, and she won't wake up until about 3:00 this afternoon!  Grace had a sleepover at Grandma Johnston's last night, so I am totally alone in the quiet of my house.  I am not sure if I should just turn off my light and go back to sleep for a while or if I should get up and get busy doing all the things that so badly need to be done in my house today. 

I am planning on going to Lloydminster today with Grace - some mother daughter time she is so looking forward to!  I am not one of the moms who takes her kids to the spa for bonding though, just McDonalds and a little Wal-Mart shopping will do!  I thought I would take her to the bottle depot too since we have so many bags of bottles to be recycled, but I know the lovely aroma of the depot will be too much for her very sensitive senses, and send her gagging and crying right out of the building...perhaps I will save that trip for Mark next weekend and he can take the money he makes from the bottles to buy his much wanted Wii game!!

Well, I think I might just turn off my light right now, snuggle under my duvet and catch up on some much needed sleep! 

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment