Sunday, February 6, 2011

Riding in style

Do you know how to exercise in luxury?  Buy yourself a recumbent exersice bike, that's how!  I bought one yesterday, assembled it last night, went for a spin at about 11:00 p.m. and again this morning when I woke up.  The reason I chose this type of machine is for the following reasons:

1. It is quiet and I can use it while children are sleeping/napping

2. I don't have to wear shoes

3. I don't have to wear a bra (this really only applies early in the morning or at night)

4. I can watch t.v. at a normal volume

5. I can read a book while riding

6. I can use it with babies play  around me (this really should be up around number 1 or 2)

I put it in my living room - on the main floor - because history has shown me that I don't EVER use the exersice equipment if it is in the basement; now I can ride my bike while the kids play around me, and I don't have to worry about amputated little fingers or toes, I can watch t.v. with the volume down, even if it is Treehouse, I can read my book in the silence of my house while all little children are sound asleep!!  I think I might actually enjoy this kind of bike!

Greg went to the doctor the other day, just for a regular check-up, and was told he needs to lose 2 lbs/month for two years (not quite sure why didn't just tell him to lose 50 lbs...maybe that seems too daunting of a task), so last night he made me a sweet deal!  As I put together my excersise bike all by myself, and he sat on his tush right next to me (and just in case he reads this, yes honey, you did hook up the wires for me) playing on the computer, I told him we should have a bet to see who can lose the 50 lbs first!!  Since his prizes for the bet were absolutely ridiculous, I told him to forget it and we would just make a true effort  to lose the weight together....and then he said this to me..."once we have both lost 50 lbs, how about we take a trip to Scotland?"...and I said this to him..."are you freakin' kidding me??"...so we will be flying high above the ocean on our way to Scotland in just 50 lbs from now!!!  I do not have the travel bug, but let me tell you the one place I want to see before I die is Scotland!!!  Talk about motivation!

Yesterday when I bought my bike, I lost my cool at Canadian Tire and let loose on a manager after the employees of that store ticked me off...long story...so I went across the street to Wal-Mart and found an even better bike there; the customer service at Wal-Mart is not much more impressive than that of Canadian Tire, but at least I did find a sweet 16 year old boy who finally helped me with the big heavy box.  After this whole experience in the "big city" of Lloydminster, I realized why I love shopping in my wee little town of Vermilion - the customer service here is the best you will find for miles!  The Co-op employees are often too eager to help me out with my groceries, and they are always willing to help me find something that I am looking for - this is what I want in customer service (even if the pricer are way higher in our little store, I will pay the extra 2 dollars for cereal if it means I can get the service I want, and deserve).

Today is Sunday, my day to clean my house, by my groceries, plan for my week, and ride my new bike as far as a I want in the comfort of my house!!

SJ

P.S. In my last post I talked about sitting around Deanna's kitchen table with my girlfriends...and I stuck to my vow of not talking about the birth of my children.  I had to zip my lips when the conversation turned to forceps, apgar scores, and big babies...I didn't say a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment