Thursday, February 17, 2011

When my mornings go south....really, really south!

Last night I sat on my couch with a blanket over my lap and the t.v. on in the background (I had two hours between American Idol and Criminal Minds), had the kids tucked into their beds, husband gone away for work, teenager at work...the house was all mine!  I grabbed my laptop - which I am still in awe of how handy this thing is - and tried to write a post for this blog, and I had nothing!!  My mind was blank.  I would type and delete, type and delete, I honestly couldn't make my mind do anything but rest!  I watched Entertainment Tonight Canada and then Entertainment Tonight and learned all about the Brit Awards, Justin Beiber (spelling??), the Royal couple will be coming to Canada in June & July, Christina Applegate is sooooooo in love with her new baby, etc.  Perhaps I could get a job with TMZ since I seem to know so much about our entertainment world now!  I realized last night that I need to have things actually happen in my world to write about them...I can not just pull stuff out of the air...which leads to the rest of this post...this morning...

I HAVE HAD THE MORNING FROM HELL!!  It started at about 5:30 a.m. when my seven year old son woke me up as he climbed into bed with me...and my three year old son...I never really went back to sleep after that, I just tried my darndest to stay on the three inches I had left of my King size bed!  Will (3 years) was sleeping sideways when Mark (7 years) decided to climb in, so I had to move Will into a proper sleeping position, which then meant he would roll right into me as he wiggled and jiggled in his sleep.  By 6:20 I had no pillow left and I was hanging on for dear life, so I just decided that I would get up 10 minutes early instead of ending up on the floor.  I got up and walked into my living room - I should have just gone right back to bed then!  I was so exhausted last night that I left all the play-doh drying on the floor (partly because I was tired, partly because play-doh, like rice and corn, is much easier to sweep up once it has dried) and all the Hot Wheels and the umpteen other toys scattered about!  I started to sweep and pick up and guess what I hear...the pitter patter of seven year old feet!  Not a good thing when he wakes up that early.  I let him just snuggle on the couch under a blanket watching Nickelodean and I then went out to feed our animals in the garage and to let them out.  When I went out I realized two things: 1. it is freakin' cold out there 2. I had to shovel the snow that had either fell or blown in last night because my husband is gone.  After I came back in I saw that I had three little children up - early - and knew that this would be a very long morning!  I also have a boy who is seven and comes to my day home before and after school and arrives at 7:00 a.m., and on mornings when Mark is grouchy, it is not good for anyone, including the day home boy!!  I showered and got dressed and when I came out of my room it was apparent that Mark was not in a good mood!  I had two seven year old boys yelling at eachother and tattling to me every three minutes, I had a five year old mother hen who was trying to corral my three year old to get him ready for the day (I suppose I should be thankful for my five year old daughter who dresses, undresses and even gives baths to my three year old), all I can say is that at this point I was very thankful my teenager was still downstairs and not up here hassling me about something, cause I probably would have fell off my rocker then!  I fed the kids, made lunches, found socks, took homemade instruments away from Will, welcomed another day home kid, got kids dressed and sent them on their way to the bus stop...took a deep breath...and continued on with my day.

On the bright side of things, I got some new Lululemon pants in the mail yesterday!  If you have ever wondered what I wear on a daily basis, here it is: Lululemon pants (usually Still Pants, sometimes Relaxed Fit pants) and a t-shirt...everyday.  I needed a new pair since my other ones seem to be shrinking (LOL), and you want to know the best thing about these pants - besides being the absolutely most comfortable pants in the world - if you buy the "Still Pant", you go down in size!  They know how to treat a lady right!  I just ordered myself a size 12 (granted that's as big as they go there), and they have room left in the tush and thighs!!!  AS IF I AM A SIZE 12 PANT!!!  Only at Lululemon can you feel so fantastic about the size you are buying!  Now, don't think you can buy any pair of pants there in a size that is normally two or three sizes below you, just the Still Pant.  The bigger the size though, they seem to get a little bit longer as well - it's as if they think that as you grow out, you also grow up.  Even though I just paid $100 for these pants, I am motivated to get back into the size 10's (and oh, how I would love to get back to my size 8's - which are really just a size 12 in the "friendly sizing") and so I will pedal my bike during evey spare moment I have today and in the days to come!

I only have three little boys in my house today, that is until 4:00 rolls around, and they are so good together;  It should be a good day!  I plan to take my kids to see a free movie at a local church tonight - "Dispicable Me" is playing - and the kids are so excited about it!  Tomorrow I will take Grace (the mother hen) to see her cousins in B.C. - 4 year old Hudson and 3 month old identical twins, Eli & Cooper - we are so excited to make this trip there!  I am leaving the rest of my family behind because I just don't think bringing a circus act to my sisters house is fair in any way...this summer we will all venture out there when my busy, busy boys can be busy outside and my little mother hen can help feed, bathe, dress and care for the babies (which she is so excited to do this weekend)! 

As for the rest of this day...it continues right now!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment