Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are my hips really this big??

Here's a riddle for you - what happens to a women who is standing in line at Wal-Mart for 20 minutes with a rumbling stomach?  Answer: She succumbs to the the temtation only metres away...McDonalds!!!  First of all I would like to say that it is crazy for Wal-Mart to only have four tills open when it is so busy and second, why does McDonalds food have to smell (and taste) so good???  I worked at a McDonald for 7.5 years when I was young - starting at 14 years old - and never got sick of their food!  In fact, if I had to pick my last meal (you know, if I was on death row or something), I would choose a two cheeseburger meal (plain) with hot fresh fries and iced tea and of course a hot fudge sundae for desert!!  I know you are probably groaning right now thinking that out of all the food in this universe I would actually pick McDonalds, but yes I would!!  One thing that I have realized about myself is that I don't get sick of eating the same thing over and over and over again.  I don't like a lot of foods, but the foods that I like, I love! 

I just finished my morning snack - walnuts, strawberries and a little cheese.  Just before eating that snack though, I thought would try something new - a smoothie.  It's not that I have never had one before, it's just that I have never liked them before - apparently nothing has changed!!  I made this with milk, yogurt, frozen bananas and frozen raspberries and I mangaed to drink about three straw-fuls...ugh!  I want to like them, just the same way that I want to like coffee or wine or cream cheese - I just can't seem to! 

Excersie this week has been non existant!!  I have had a busy few days and evenings and haven't seemed to be able to squeeze anything in...though that is really just more of an excuse!  I could be walking up and down my basement stairs right now as babies stare at me through the baby gate!  I could be working out with Jane Fonda on the TV, trying not to trip over little people!  I could be out in this minus 30 degree weather pulling a toboggan full of kids, but instead I am sitting on my tush typing this while little children play at my feet!!  In all seriousness though, I really do have to get my butt moving! 

Speaking of butts, I did the most dreadful thing at Wal-Mart last night....I had to buy new underwear!!  I don't know why it's always so embarrassing to buy those darn things but let me tell you, I hide them under all my chicken breasts and scrapbook supplies when I buy them!!  There must be a lot of women out there wearing same undies as me because they never seem to have my size in stock!!  Similar with the way I eat, I like to wear the same underwear over and over and over again...the type, not the pair!  Anyway, last night was no different than any other trip to the big blue store, as they were completely out of my size in the style that I like!  So began the search for some new panties...oh, there were so many to chose from:  Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, George, etc., and then came the styles - bikini, thong (no thanks), boy short, brief, etc.  Here I  was, lost in sea of cotton and had no idea what style, size or brand was going to fit me best!  Finally after about 15 minutes I decided on the Hanes her Way hi-cut briefs in the six-pack.  When I brought them home I took them into the laundry room to wash them and as I was unwrapping them and throwing them in my washing machine I couldn't help but think that they were HUGE!!  I kept thinking that my butt (more than that, my hips) couldn't possibly be that big!  As the new undies were washing and drying I went to soak in the tub and when I got out I went to put on a nice warm new pair and guess waht...they weren't that huge anymore!!!  Either they shrunk a lot in the wash or my butt and hips ARE that big!!  I wore one pair while I slept but as soon as I got up this morning I couldn't wait to get them off!  They are more like bikinis in the way they sit so low and more like full briefs in the way they cover so much of the hips.  Perhaps I read wrong and bought Bikini-Briefs instead!!  I think I will go in search of my tried and true panties this weekend when I go to the big city!!

SJ

1 comment:

  1. Sara..I am splitting my sides laughing at this post....I love your descriptions!!! Sooooo true.

    And it seems that McDonald's knows just what they are doing putting their restaurants on the other side of the till....LOL

    ReplyDelete