Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happiness is all we need.

Well, it's been a little while since I last posted anything on here, but I am back!  I have been thinking a lot lately about happiness and what we do to try to reach it - or if we will ever really find it.  I believe happiness is staring us right in the face but we are too blinded by all the hoopla about skinny jeans and Jenny Craig to realize that what we have is all we need to really make us happy.

I have a blessed life - a husband who loves me exactly for who I am and what I look like; four of the world's greatest kids who love me unconditionally (and I think really love the fact that I am "soft" to snuggle with); parents (three sets) who have never once made me feel like I am anything but wonderful; sisters and brothers who are always there for me; friends who seem too good to be true; and then their are all the material things that I have but certainly don't need.  Who in their right mind wouldn't be the happiest person in the world with a list like that?  I have always been a happy person, however sometimes I think I talk myself into believing I would be happier if only I could weigh a certain amount.  Guess what?  One year ago I was in a weight loss class at Curves - thirty pounds ago!!!  I wasn't happy then because I thought I weighed too much, well if that is the case I must have severe depression right now!! LOL  Anyway, my point is that I am no longer going to be unhappy with myself when there is nothing to be unhappy about.  I will accept the fact that I can no longer fit into my smaller pants and go buy some bigger ones - because I remember my little sister saying once that anyone at any size can look good - as long as they dress to fit their size (I think Stacy & Clinton from TLC say the same thing).  Imagine how good I will look if I go to the store and accept the fact that I might have to move up to the next size and buy some really amazing clothes and have the attitude that I look darn good in clothes that fit!!

I must still have that certain something though because I was in Home Depot the other day with a part from my kitchen sink and as I was walking past the paint department a young man piped up and asked if he could help me and when I said no, I was simply here for my sink - not paint, he asked a couple more times in different ways if he could be of any assistance!!  Perhaps he is Sir Mix Alots half brother or something (go ahead and start singing)!!! 

I have also decided to change the name of this blog.  I think there are many other things in this world - my world in particular - that are interesting and worthy of writing about.  I have found this blog to be very theraputic in some ways (I guess it's like a diary) and enjoy adding to it.  I will still write about my weight loss, but will write more about life and all the happenings of my days as a mom, wife and woman.

SJ

2 comments:

  1. AMEN Sara!!!! I am glad you are continuing because you do have a gift for writing (and no one can tell if you are 30 lbs heavier or 30 lbs lighter.

    Keep up the great work - and be happy!!

    I am proud of you no matter what your "size" is.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I had forgotten how very charming you are. Thank you for making me smile =)

    ReplyDelete