Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a week!

It is Thursday today...this whole week so far has been a terrible one for overeating in my life!  First of all let me tell you how good homemade buns are...as if you didn't already know though!!  I really just can't make them.  End of story.  I have a love of baking and a love of eating, unfortunately, I will have to give up a bit of one of those loves!  I know all the recipes that subsitute applesauce for sugar and that kind of stuff, but I think they taste just like they subistued applesauce for sugar...go figure! 

I know myself well enough to say that I can't just have a little, stop after one or just not eat it - I am in love with food!  Some people would laugh at that statement because most foods I can't stand, so let me re-phrase that - I am in love with: Iced Tea (the sugary kind), Bread, Buns, Cinnamon buns, Cookies, Tarts, Chips, Crackers, Popcorn, Cheese, Butter, Chocolate, Take-out of all sorts, etc., etc., etc.  Notice that fruits and vegetable are nowhere to been found on the list?  That's cause those are not what I crave (don't get me wrong I do like them) - actually I should add baby carrots to that list because they are a true addiction (one bag a day).  So, what it comes down to is that I find it very difficult to make myself eat healthy food most of the time and stop myself from eating the not so healthy food all the time!! 

I have also done something (for the fourth time in my life) that I said I would never do again - but I KNOW it works!...I joined Weight Watchers today!  I really thought I could do it myself, but I know that I can't.  I came to that realization as I sat in the indoor playground with a gaggle of kids and ate four muffins and half a bag of ritz cracker (would somebody please tell me why those things are so darn good?!?!).  I know Weight Watchers works for me - since I have done it three other times - I just need to stick to it long enough to lose all the weight I want to. 

I need to do this. I need to do this.  I need to do this.  I will do this!

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment