Saturday, January 8, 2011

Babies...nothing to do with weight

I must be having some kind of pre-period hormonal moment or something!!  I just got out of bed after listening to my baby (well, he is a three year old giant) breath next to me!  There is nothing like a sleeping baby!  I am just so sad that he is getting bigger...I really just want him to be my baby forever!  I think I have it in my blood - being a mom - (does that even make sense??), anyway all I have really ever known is to be a mom - for the last 17 years, half of my entire life, I have raised kids.  It is all I ever wanted to do (besides being a pediatrician when I was 11).  Do you know that I am the only day home provider in all of Vermilion who put "Infant" on their application for the age they would like to look after!  I get them too, I have had my fair share of babies in my house...but I wouldn't trade it and I love it!!  Anway, back to my breathing, sleeping baby (well, three year old)...I remember my Mom saying once that I will know when I am done having babies - guess what, I haven't had that feeling yet!  Too bad for me though because unless my husband goes and gets his parts put back together again, it's not going to happen for us!!  Lucky for me my sister is bringing two babies my way today!! 

Yesterday a friend of mine asked what classes I was going to put Will into playschool next year...I don't think I am!  He will go, but not until the year after.  He will turn 4 next winter and I am a big believer in keeping your fall/winter babies out of school until they are 5 turning 6 (starting kindergarten), with the exception of my nephew (H)...he's a smart little cookie!!  I could send him to playschool for two years, but I really just want to keep him home with me and keep him my baby for as long as possible!  He did give up his soother last week (yes, he still had a soother at 3) and in all honestly, I didn't mind him having it one bit!  He is still in diapers with no interest in the potty, and since I change about four other kids diapers everyday... what's one more!!  Anyway, in all seriousness, I know that he too will grow up - and trust me this kid will outgrow any of his siblings - and I will just have to keep on cuddling other peoples babies!  I am sure that once they are all grown up and my house actually looks like a house and not a preschool, I will have had that feeling of being done - and even if I still haven't had that feeling, my reproductive parts will be close to shutting down anyway!!

Well, now they are all awake - execpt for my 17 year old of course - and I have Dora the Explorer in the background, so my day will begin!!

SJ

P.S. I will update you all a little later about my Chinese food/bowling night.

No comments:

Post a Comment