Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sore tummy and sour grapes

I am sitting so comfortably in my bed right now typing this...though I should be moving my butt instead of sitting here!  As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I was going out for Chinese food and bowling.  First of all, I would like to say that bowling is not an easy sport!  We split our group of girls in two and played BINGO bowling, where you have to go as quick as you can to fill up your entire card.  It is not easy because for and entire hour (that is how long we had the lanes rented) we had to go, go, go!  My arms felt like they were going to fall off!!  And just in case you were wondering...I suck at bowling!!  Now, I should go back a couple of hours to the Chinese food...yummy!  I ordered an Onion Cake (yes, for all those who know me well, I said an onion cake!!), and a combo with chicken fried rice, chicken balls and sweet & sour pork that honestly could have fed three people; I didn't eat it all - there was no possible way that I could have.  After the bowling we made our way over to Boston Pizza for dessert where I had the Brownie Addiction (I understand why they named it that!).  I really don't think that all the bowling did anything for all the calories I consumed! 

Today I didn't do too bad in the eating department - probably only because my sister got snowed in at my other sisters house in Edmonton, so we didn't have our big family dinner - instead I had frozen pizza.  I had to go into town today to stop at the grocery store and the drug store, and of course they have all their Christmas chocolate on half price!  The only thing I like better than a half price sale is when Toffifee is what's on for half price!!  So, guess what?  You got it, I bought a box (actually 2 boxes, but who's counting!).  Let me just say right now that my stomach is not feeling very good because of all the Toffifee's I have eaten tonight!!  Then my in-laws stopped by the house and brought fresh (still warm) homemade buns!!  Do you remember what I said is the best thing in the entire world????  Fresh buns!!!  I only had one though, and I didn't touch the doughnuts they brought with them. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be my first weigh-in day with my new Weight Watchers membership and I haven't weighed myself since the day I signed up again.  I am not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning because I am 99.9% sure it's no going to be good news....and who likes bad news first thing in the morning?  I told myself I would let myself have one last horrah before really following any plan, but now I am ready!  I guess eating 20 grams of Toffifee and having the worlds worst belly ache can pay off by making a person realize how ridiculous it is to eat this way!! 

I am going to set a goal for myself.  My goal is that in one week when I step on the scale (January, 16) I will be down 5 lbs!!  Maybe that's a little ambitious, but I am going to try!  I will also go to the gym at least 3 times next week.  I know I can do it if I set my mind to it!

One more thing just because I couldn't believe it myself...here at our one and only grocery store, the grapes were on for $8.25/lb - yes, you read that correctly!!  I didn't realize until I got to the till and the girl ringing my groceries through gasped when she put the grapes on the scale!!  My little bag of grapes rang in at $17.16!!!  Just in case you are wondering how this story ends...I told the girl she could just put those grapes right back on the shelf!!

Have a great night!

SJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment