Friday, January 7, 2011

What a weekend it will be!

I think I am coming down with some kind of cold...I just feel blah!!  When I feel like this I also feel like doing nothing...no laundry....no dishes....no sweeping....nothing but...wait for it.........eating!!!!  Yes, it's days like this when feel like crap that I just want to sit down with a good book and a bag of anything and munch!!  The good news is that I have acknowelged that feeling and can do something about it!  I ate a good breakfast today - peanut butter on one slice of whole wheat bread, banana and a glass of skim milk - and I just finished my snack - cheese string (the really good Armstrong ones - not the ones the kids eat) and three Whole Wheat Stone Wheat Thins crackers (those have replaced my ritz crackers).  Lunch might be a bit of a tricky one!  I have three little boys in my house today and I really don't feel like cooking some gourmet lunch, but more like hotdogs or pizza!  Hmmm, pizza?  I guess that I do have a leftover chicken breast in my fridge - chiken pizza with a little bit of cheese - mmmmmmgood!  Well, my day might have just gotten a little brighter!

I will let you know how good the pizza is later!

Yesterday when the kids got home from school, I let the boys decorate a chocolate cake they had made the afternoon before.  I had serious doubts about how this cake was going to turn out considering it was made completely by scratch by two seven year old boys!!!  Oh ya, did I mention it came from a 1975 kids cookbook?!  I had intentions of being a polite mother and day home provider and try a small piece of this cake....then I tried it!  OMG I honestly have never in my entire life tried any cake that was so good!!!  And trust me, I have tried a lot of cakes (how do you think I ended up at this weight!!) and this one takes the cake, no pun intended!  Needless to say, my small piece of cake turned into about four good size pieces!!

All my good intentions today might go out the window tonight when I join my friends for our montly get-togethers and go for the best Chinese food in town!  Mmmm, I can taste it already, a combo for one - chicken fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls, lemon chicken (all that chicken should be a little bit good for me right??! LOL)...and I think I will try one of their onion cakes tonight too.  The only thing that might save me from packing on five pounds after my combo for 1 (which really could feed 3) is that fact that we are going bowling after!!  Last time we went bowling, I spent more time pumping loonies into the jukebox and gabbing with the girls than I did throwing any balls down the lane, but maybe I will give it my all tonight and try to burn off some of those calories!!

This weekend will also prove to be a challenge in weight loss as my big sister is coming here with her two month old twin boys and her four year old boy (and her husband too, of course).  Most of our family - myself included - has not yet seen them and they are making the 8 hour drive to come see all of us!!  Let me explain something about my family though...it's BIG!!  When you have a big family that means you have big events which always come with big amounts of food - good food!!  We will have supper at my Dad's house -Lasagna (with salad and garlic toast I am sure) on Saturday night, along with cake I told you about and a couple other desserts I will make and then on Sunday we will have brunch at my house and that will be a smorgesboard of wonderful stuff!!!  Yikes!!

Well, I am off to make my chicken pizza now!  Then I think I might try and get something done today and maybe I will carry umpteen loads of laundry back and forth through the house to burn some calories before the binging that this weekend will be begins!!

Happy Weekend!

SJ

1 comment:

  1. This is great Sara....I love your sense of humour - and we've all been there. I can send you the LA plan that might give you some basics if you want.

    BTW - Alberta Girl is your mom.

    ReplyDelete